Thank you for stopping by! I created this video to explain how shipping works on this site and why. If you have any further questions, please use the Contact button and shoot me an email.
1. All Printed Merchandise (lamp, shirt, glass cutting board, etc) purchased directly from this site is Print-on-Demand. I design each piece by painting the artwork, taking high resolution photos, uploading into a program, fitting the artwork into the design shape of the item-this is individually for each item-every item being a different size, meaning I am doing the work of every step of the design process. Items may come from different manufacturers all over the world. So, if you ordered a mug and a tee shirt, these items will arrive in separate packages because one is coming from a tee-shirt manufacturer, and one is coming from a mug manufacturer. Once ordered, the item is routed to the production line then shipped directly to buyer from the manufacturer. Their rates apply based on size, weight and location of buyer.
2. I do not add a handling fee or any charge to the shipping of printed merchandise. I do offer to pay the shipping for the buyer (in the continental USA only) if a person spends $150 or more. This threshold is for Printed Merchandise Only. i.e., Order contains 6 latte mugs @ $25 each totaling $150.
An order containing 6 mugs and an original painting means Buyer gets Free Shipping on the Mugs, but will pay the shipping for the Original Art.
3. I ship small paintings USPS Priority Mail. Cost is whatever USPS is charging. It is calculated at checkout based on buyer location. There are no handling or insurance fees. I do insure the packages, but the cost is minimal for smaller paintings and I use USPS boxes which I get for free or boxes on hand.
* Small Framed (4 x 4, 4 x 6, 6 x 8) paintings may come in a USPS box or perhaps a re-used Amazon or other shipping box. To keep costs down, (for buyer) I find something that fits, double bubble wrap it and ship it out. I have been shipping smaller works this way (via my Etsy Shop when I had it) with no issues of damage or arrival. Customers have been happy with it and not concerned with fancy packaging.
4. Framed paintings: Larger works and Odd sizes
$500 and up. These are shipped via FED EX. They require a shipping "crate" which is a special box for shipping Fine Art. This ensures safe, undamaged arrival. Some paintings cost over $5,000. USPS will not ensure a package for over $5,000 and they have size restrictions. FED EX ships large sizes and I can insure the painting in full. I can ship paintings over 30 x 40 Framed this way, even Internationally.
The Shipping Boxes are made to protect Fine Art. Here's an example:
These boxes start at $55 for the smallest ones and go up from there to over $300. They are heavy duty boxes and weigh 5 pounds to 30 pounds (for larger ones) For instance, the box I will need to ship my painting, "The Pond", whose frame weighs 19 pounds, requires a box that weighs 27 pounds.
*There is a 5% handling fee added to any Original Art order for $500 or more.
This pays for the box and the insurance. You will not see "5% handling fee" on the checkout. It is included already. The shipping total will be that fee plus the exact cost of shipping as determined by FED EX based on the size and weight of the packaged art, your location and the speed of delivery chosen
When you order a painting, this is what occurs:
I see the order. I order the box. I inspect the painting, if there is any ding that can be touched up on the frame, I do that. When the box arrives, I pack the painting and order a pick-up from Fed-Ex. They come get the package and off it goes.
This means, that if you order a painting today and shipping is "Priority Overnight" the painting will not arrive tomorrow. It means when the item is shipped, it will be shipped "Priority Overnight." I have to order the box first, wait for it to arrive, then ship it "Priority Overnight." Please allow time for this to occur. If you are ordering as a gift or for a specific occasion, place your order early enough to allow for this process.
5. Prints (Purchased through the Shop Prints tab)
This is a different website entirely. Shop Pay does not work there. It is an independent Print-on Demand site for Artists world-wide. They can offer a wide range of options from Posters to Acrylic and Framed Fine Art Prints. They also have some printed products. When I upload an image there, it automatically becomes available on any products on the site. The $150 Free Shipping offer does not apply there. They create the print, ship the print, handle all payments. Their shipping rates apply and policies apply. When purchasing through that site, all questions are directed to them. I receive a small commission for the use of my art image. They have European facilities so if you are in another country, the item is made at the closest facility to you, avoiding international shipping costs. As they are a huge corporation, they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. To utilize that, you must contact them as you purchased through them. I have no control over purchases through them (Fine Art America)
I hope this has fully explained shipping. Please, if you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact me via the contact link. I am interested and happy to be in communication.